INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Since the entry into force of the Spanish law «Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información» (LSSICE) established by the Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to have the express consent of the user in all web pages which use not necessary cookies, before the user starts browsing the site.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools used by Web servers to store and recover information about their visitors, as well as to be able to offer a correct use of the site.
These devices allow the Web server to remember some data related to the user, such as his/her preferences of presentation of the server pages, name and password, preferred products, etc
COOKIES UNDER REGULATION AND COOKES NOT UNDER REGULATION
According to the EU Directive, the cookies which require the informed consent of the user are analytics cookies, and marketing cookies. Technical cookies and the ones required for the proper functioning of the web site or to allow the services expected by the user, do not require the user’s consent.
TYPES OF COOKIES
ACCORDING TO THE PURPOSE
- Technical and functional cookies: are the ones that allow the user to browse the website, platform or app and use the different options or services.
- Analytics or Statistic cookies: also known as “performance cookies”. These cookies allow the owner of these cookies to collect information about the follow up and analysis of the behaviour of the users in the website these cookies are linked to. The information collected with these cookies are used to measure the activity of websited, app or platform and to elaborate profiles of use of those sites, apps and platforms, with the aim of implementing improvements according to the analysis of the data of use of the service.
- Marketing cookies: are the ones which allow the management, the more efficient as posible, of the marketing spaces the editor might have included in the website, app or platform, if any, based on criteria such as edited contents or frequency of adds.
- Behavioural marketing cookies: they gather information about the user’s preferences and personal choices (retargeting) in order to allow the most efficient management of the adds the editor might have included on a website, app or platform which offers the services.
- Social cookies: are established by the platforms of social media in the services to allow the user to share contents with friends and in social media platforms. Social media platforms have the capacity of tracking the user’s online activity, off the Services. This can influence contents and messages the user sees in other services he/she visits.
- Affiliates cookies: allow to track visits from other websites, the website has an affiliated contract with (affiliated companies).
- Safety cookies: they store encrypted information to avoid the stored data to be vulnerable from third party malicious attacks.
ACCORDING TO THEIR PROPERTY
- First-party cookies: are put on the user’s device directly from a device or domain managed by the editor.
- Third-party cookies: are the ones that are sent to the end user device or the user from a device or domain not managed by the editor, but by another entity which uses the data obtained through cookies.
ACCORDING TO THE DURATION
- Session cookies: these cookies store the user’s data while the user browses a webpage. They are temporary and expire once the browser is closed (or the session ends).
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored in the deviced and can be accessed by the cookier owner for a set period of time (few minutes or years).
PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT
GRUPO ESPAÑOL DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN SARCOMAS is Responsible for the management of the personal data of the User, and informs that these data will be managed according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (GDPR). Therefore, GEIS provides the User with the following information:
Management purpose: as specified in the cookies section which are used in this website.
Treatment permission: by consent of the user (art. 6.1 GDPR).
Data storage criteria: as specified in the cookies section which are used in this website.
Data communication: no data Will be shared with third-parties, except in cookies owned by third-parties or by legal reasons.
Rights of the User:
- The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time.
- The data subject shall have the right to access, rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- The data subject shall contact the Spanish Authorities in Data Protectoin (www.aepd.es) in case he/she considers the management is not made according to the regulation into force.
Please contact GEIS if you have any questions or need information about your personal data management:
GRUPO ESPAÑOL DE INVESTIGACIÓN EN SARCOMAS. CALLE DIEGO DE LEÓN, 47 - 28006 MADRID (Spain).
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE